Project Engineering Manager – Network Infrastructure
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, rolled out over 70 MW of batteries, and contracted over 100 electric buses in the UK, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Specifically, we are looking to recruit a commercially and technically astute project engineer professional with experience in the battery storage market to support the growth the Network & Infrastructure businesses. The candidate will bring a good understanding of procurement, proposal and project management and construction, have a proven experience of working on large scale battery projects, and have the engineering capability and credibility to manage projects and bids. Working with the Directors and other members of the BD team, the candidate will be able to manage the day to day aspects of the project and bid delivery from concept to construction. The role integrates with team members in procurement, legal, finance, engineering and construction to build complex, highly optimized projects backed up solid contracts. The role includes liaising with clients and managing external stakeholders. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
• Leading day-to-day project management activities of large scale energy storage projects from deal closure to construction
• Building and managing proposals for large scale energy storage tenders
• Providing leadership and guidance to the entire project team including interfacing with internal engineering, procurement, legal, finance and construction teams
• Responsible for the development, review, and technical oversight of all engineering and design of energy storage proposals and projects
• Develop and/or review system designs, single lines, layouts, containerization, performance guarantees, availability guarantees, etc.
• Supporting procurement to negotiate compelling supplier and contractor proposals and contracts
• Building Capex and Opex models to support the finance team in closing the financing
• Maintain knowledge of applicable codes & standards and certifications in the energy storage industry
• Coordination with external stakeholders such as suppliers, contractors, landowners, permit agencies, lawyers and advisor
• Translating the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications on each project’s design and guarantees / warranties
• Supporting preparation of high quality internal InvestCom papers
• Supporting the closure of deals
• Helping manage client relationships post contract close as appropriate
• Develop strategic relationships with all project partners including suppliers, contractors, utilities, landowners, permitting authorities, lawyers and advisors
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
• Project and proposal management
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project
• Ability to use CAD or other design software
• High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) in electrical engineering
• A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
• Solid work experience (5-10 years) in project engineering / management / procurement / technical consultant in energy storage or renewables sectors
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Strong planning, risk management and organisational skills, team player
• Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
• Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and project commercials
• Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting project updates
• Knowledge of the UK energy storage landscape
• Must have hands-on technical experience with large scale energy storage projects
• Must have a sound understanding of the technical, performance, and integration of Li-Ion batteries as part of energy storage project
• Must have experience with DNO and TO connection works and Balance of Plant equipment
• Good experience dealing with customers and suppliers
• Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
• Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
Desirable but non-essential skills:
• Experience in renewables, and/or EV infrastructure
• Knowledge of the US and Australia markets
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience. Good opportunity for personal growth and responsibility
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to Samantha Denyer, Samantha.email@example.com.
No recruiters, kindly.