Supply-Chain Research intern
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established a strong track record as the UK’s leading owner and operator of battery infrastructure solutions for customers across its three business areas: electric vehicle fleet, network & infrastructure and commercial & industrial. As of December 2020 Zenobē will be overseeing almost 100 electric buses and 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity, with bids submitted or upcoming for some 1000 further buses and 750MW of grid-scale storage across various geographies, including the development of Europe’s largest battery. 240,000 trees would be required to absorb the equivalent CO2 saved by our existing EV fleet over 15 years.
Zenobē has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic investors and a Board that has outstanding experience in infrastructure, energy, finance and batteries, leaving the company uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for outstanding graduates with a passion for fighting climate change to apply their degree skills to the real-life commercial deployment of energy storage and electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, adaptable, highly motivated and talented interns will be given significant responsibility early-on. We have a good track record of employing paid interns who have often gone on to be offered full time employment upon completion of their education.
The Supply-Chain Research Intern will work in our Supply-Chain team conducting important data analysis. As a research intern you will be responsible for researching, analysing, interpreting and presenting the latest market data. This will include research into forward pricing and future developments in key battery and power electronics technology.
Please note Zenobe cannot sponsor visas for international internship applications.
Daily tasks will include:
- Proactively work with different teams within Zenobe including the Bus Financing Team and Network Infrastructure team
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the relevant industries using external and internal resources such as Bloomberg New Energy Finance, including all battery and balance-of-plant components
- Perform deep dive analyses on Zenobe’s existing data in order to be able to compare with market trends
- Interpret data, formulate reports and make recommendations
- Present findings to relevant departments within Zenobe
- Create processes and effective methods to organise and store data for future research projects
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. We are open to candidates from all academic areas however top-class degree marks, the below skills and a strong interest in sustainability are essential.
- Essential skills:
- Finance, Economics and Markets knowledge
- Independent Research
- Analytical mind and attention to detail
- Strong with Excel and modelling
- Fluency in Powerpoint
- Essential competencies:
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
- Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands with attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
- Excellent communication skills with a collaborative and consultative approach to working with others at all levels
- Creative problem-solver with ambition to play a major part in growing the business
- Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of incoterms, shipping and logistics
- Experience with Renewable assets e.g. battery, wind and solar
- Experience in supply chain processes
- CV screening
- First round interview with Supply Chain Manager and another associate
- Second round interview with Founder Director
- Final short interview with at least one more of the company founders
Internships will be run in-person where possible, but all government guidelines regarding working practices will be followed.
Applications will be accepted up to 1 month from posting, however if an extremely high volume of quality applications is received the posting may close much earlier. Interviews are expected to take place in February, with offers made in mid-March
Zenobē Energy is a leader in fighting climate change through the innovative deployment of battery energy storage and electric vehicle fleet charging solutions. We offer driven, entrepreneurial, skilful and personable interns the opportunity to join a high-growth business in one of the world’s most exciting sectors, with excellent learning opportunities and the potential for equity participation in a successful company. We need a Supply Chain intern to help keep Zenobe at the forefront of developments in the battery supply market.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type.
We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Supporting students with disabilities
Our office is step free, being on one single (4th) floor of the building. The are no steps at the main entrance, and there are two lifts. We are open to making adjustments for students with individual needs on a case by case basis.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org