Senior Associate – Business Development
London, SW1Y 4QU
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, rolled out over 70 MW of batteries, and contracted over 100 electric buses in the UK, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Specifically, we are looking to recruit a commercially and technically astute business development professional with experience in the battery storage market to support the growth the Commercial & Industrial and Network & Infrastructure businesses. The candidate will bring a good understanding of electricity markets, have a proven experience of working with relevant customers, and have the capability and credibility to develop projects. Working with the Directors and other members of the BD team, the candidate will be able to manage the day to day aspects of the sales process from origination to contract closure. The role integrates with team members in finance, legal, engineering and construction to put together complex, high-value contracts. The role includes liaising with clients and external stakeholders. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
– Supporting origination and working on the development of transmission and distribution level large scale energy storage projects
– Supporting origination and developing battery propositions to other major infrastructure sectors (rail, ports, airports) to build solutions which can be scaled across one or more networks
– Expanding Zenobe’s offering to the water sector to other potential clients
– Identifying and approaching target C&I sectors (engineering, food processing, aerospace, mining etc.)
– Developing compelling propositions and managing the relationship to contract close
– Building financial models with the support of supply chain and finance teams
– Understanding the impact of regulatory requirements and various applications (trading, ancillary services, peak shaving) on each project’s and client’s business case
– Preparing high quality internal InvestCom papers
– Analysis of large quantities of electricity markets data
– Supporting the closure of deals
– Supporting day-to-day activities of project management until the construction stage
– Developing sales and marketing materials, speaking at and attending conferences as appropriate
– Helping manage client relationships post contract close as appropriate
– Contributing to the strategy process – including identifying opportunities to take Zenobe experience to other target markets (e.g. Europe/US)s
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
– Fluent in PowerPoint
– Outstanding excel skills
– An advantage: Python skills
– High quality education (bachelor’s degree or masters) preferably in engineering and/or finance
– A genuine passion in clean energy and our social and environmental mission
– Solid work experience (3-7 years) in commercial / business development in the energy sector (B2B) preferably in energy storage or renewables sectors
– Strong commercial skills – comfortable with legal contracts and project financing
– Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial models and sales pitches – Strong organisation skills, team player and good attention to detail
– Knowledge of the UK energy landscape
– Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
– Desire to work in a fast moving, high pressure and entrepreneurial environment
DESIRABLE BUT NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS
– Experience in energy storage, renewables, and/or EV infrastructure
– Knowledge of the US and Australia energy landscapes
– 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
– Cycle to work scheme
– Medical insurance
– Season ticket loan
– Performance related bonus and company share plan
– Excellent opportunity for personal growth and responsibility.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical. Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to Samantha Denyer, Samantha.email@example.com.
No recruiters, kindly.