QA Product Manager
50-60k depending on experience
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power, and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for heavy duty electric vehicle fleets with over 100 electric buses in operation across 6 metropolitan areas. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing, and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
Due to the speed and scale of our expansion, Zenobe is moving from being project-oriented to a more focussed, Product based methodology. Having previously outsourced much of our Quality Assurance (QA) testing to our development partners, Zenobe are keen to bring in an internal Product Manager to oversee this going forward. The role would suit someone with a QA testing or Product Management background and will report in to our Head of Product,
The ideal candidate is highly organised, and analytical and can take complete ownership of our testing and release schedules, holding the pen over our testing procedures and approval process, as well as playing a valuable role in the Product lifecycle, ensuring that all changes and updates to systems reach the highest possible standards and are end to end tested before being released.
They will work with internal and external stakeholders, to help develop Product strategy through collection and the interpretation of user data and how our customers interact with our platform.
- Create behaviour driven development (BDD) testing procedures as well as defining acceptance criteria for updates to the product
- Oversight testing procedures and ownership of pass/fail documentation
- Gather qualitative and quantitative input from end users through focus groups, surveys, A/B and multivariate testing, and analysis of customer actions and feedback
- Bring your experience with development test procedures and processes to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs, work closely with UX designers and engineers to define great solutions
- Use observed test results to provide feedback to design team
- Maintain tools to understand the impact of the changes that have been made to the product, tracking these against business goals
- Be responsible for collating and distributing release notes
- Oversee smaller work packages, scope to work in wider areas of day to day business
- Experience with user-centred and hypothesis-driven lean working practices
- Excellent analytical skills and be keen to experiment and make use of agile and lean methodology
- A background in working with external development partners and product strategists
- Good knowledge of Atlassian tool chain; Confluence and Jira
- Experience managing not just the big picture progress but also finer details across multiple work streams
Desirable but non-essential skills:
- Experience of C++
- An understanding of the renewable sector, energy storage or EV Charging
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Please send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com