Project and Construction Manager
Full term employment with a 6 month probation period
Competitive and based upon experience
UK Wide – Expected to travel to location of your assigned projects
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power, and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid- scale battery capacity and is now a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for heavy duty electric vehicle fleets with over 100 electric buses in operation across 6 metropolitan areas. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing, and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for Project Managers to apply their skills to the delivery of turnkey infrastructure construction projects. In our rapidly growing company, we are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented individuals to join us on a month by month rolling contract initially with the opportunity to join as a permanent employee should it be in the interest of both the individual and Zenobe. Those PMs who have joined us as permanent employees in the past are given significant opportunities to develop their careers early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
• Lead projects from development and sales handover to client and O&M handover
• Responsible for project construction, commissioning incl. day-to-day project management
• Responsible for ensuring that all Health and Safety policies and procedures are adhered to
• Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget and to the agreed design
• Review all project documents and information provided by a client/sub-contractor throughout the
• Manages and supervises subcontractors’ PoW and scope
• Ensure appropriate availability and allocation of resources as well as prepare weekly, and monthly
progress reports both internally and for clients
• Capture and report on any budget variations internally
• Responsible for the handover of the project to the internal O&M team
• Asses tender submissions and with a view of finding additional value if possible
• Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners.
As with many other start-up organisations we encourage our employees to help in multiple areas of the organisation and preference will be given to applicants who can provide not only the primary skills required for Project Management but also who have additional strings to their bows. A list of other skillsets that will be looked upon favourably are detailed below in ‘Desirable but non-essential skills’. These are not exhaustive and we encourage applicants to provide an idea of what other areas of Zenobe they could assist in other than their primary function of Project Management which we anticipate will take up 70% of their time.
• 5+ years’ experience of delivering infrastructure construction projects
• A desire to work in the renewable energy and green energy sector
• Strong knowledge of electrical infrastructure and its components
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel) and MS Project
• Fluency in English is essential
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong knowledge of H&S and Environmental regulations for design and construction, Quality
standards and industry best practice, Mandatory SMSTS ticket.
• Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, the office
in London and your project location.
• Full UK Driving License
Desirable but non-essential skills:
• Formal electrical qualifications
• Experience working with electric vehicle charge points
• Experience delivering low voltage networks
• Previous experience working alongside Civil Engineering Contractors
• Previous experience in a client-facing role
• Ability to use CAD or other design software
• Corporate Health and Safety Management (IOSH)
• Anything else the applicant believes can be of use within a small yet fast growing organisation like
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org