Head of Asset Management / Head of Operations
A competitive remuneration package is available, based on quality and range of experience.
London, SW1Y 4QU
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now is a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for electric vehicle fleets. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions. Having raised multiple rounds of equity funding since inception, rolled out over 70 MW of batteries, and contracted over 100 electric buses in the UK, we are a rapidly growing company looking for talented hires to drive further growth.
Specifically, we are looking to recruit a technical and process driven operations professional with experience in the battery storage market to help us scale up our operations processes along with the number of sites. The candidate will bring a good understanding of the technologies around batteries, EV charging and monitoring and control software corresponding to both. Working with the directors and other members of the operations team the candidate will manage the day to day aspects of the operations process from the detection of issues, to the reporting and development of systems to mitigate their reoccurrence. The role integrates with team members in analytics, software product management, construction and business development to maximise the value of new and existing projects. The role includes liaising with clients and external stakeholders. It will be a requirement to hit the ground running and to be comfortable operating at a rapid pace at times with high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
• Overall responsibility for management of Zenobe’s growing asset portfolio which include over 175MW of contracted batteries, nearly 200 electric heavy duty vehicles with charging infrastructure across 6 major cities, associated transformers, switchboard, communication networks with over 1000 endpoints
• Overall management of the team looking after the above including operations, guiding the field operations team which is managed by the Field operations manager who organises call-outs by engineers, reactive and preventative maintenance and responsibility for the L1-L3 support team incl. 24/7 call centre
• Manage operations team to ensure that revenues are maximised through asset up time and meeting and exceeding contractual requirements
• Develop and manage L0-L4 tiered issue response process in an agile way, automating as much as possible without sacrificing accuracy or service
• Develop insightful methods for reporting on the operations performance and agree targets with the directors and executives in a process of continuous improvement
• Be an internal champion for agile ways of working
• Liaise with bidding and analytics teams to ensure projects and processes develop to maximise revenue as contracts and markets develop
• Implement operations structure in international projects Prepare systems, team and processes to enable international growth incl. Australia, US and mainland Europe
• Develop recruitment strategy as business scales to support business growth in scale and complexity
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to identify key pain points and vulnerabilities as well as identify and follow up on opportunities for future improvements, driving success for Zenobe and our customers
• Tracking and recording events / issues in Zendesk (ticket mgt system) for further analyses as well as tracking against performance metrics
• Manage development of network monitoring tool, Zabbix
• Manage development of Stocklist tool
• Manage issue triage documentation giving methodology for diagnosing and resolving issues
• Identify and implement out-performance ideas; i.e. cost mgt, uptime and upselling services for customers
• Work with field operations team to find temporary and permanent solutions to operational issues as they occur
• Work with field operations team to build and manage network of call out engineers
• Work with software team to develop system designs and mitigate in future software releases
• Liaise with bidding and analytics teams to ensure projects and processes develop to maximise revenue as contracts and markets develop and implement resilient quality assurance and testing procedures ahead of implementing new operating modes
• Work with analytics team to ensure monitoring and reporting on performance is adequate and insightful and to expand automated reporting
• Work with analytics team to ensure monitoring, automated alerting and reporting on performance is adequate and insightful
• Work with construction and BD teams to ensure clean handover and quality assurance checks during handover
• Manage sandbox pipeline for new feature developments
• Input on development roadmap and testing processes
• Build data lake of relevant data and identify opportunities to further improve service
• Develop and carry out an initial 100 day plan with realistic targets to achieve the above
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. We are open to applicants from all academic areas, however the below skills and a strong interest in sustainability are essential.
• Experience building and scaling operations and/or asset management teams
• Previous experience in an operations team in an internet of things, software and hardware based technology company
• Previous experience in a critical infrastructure environment where high performance, service levels are critical
• Understanding of battery storage technology or electric vehicles, or electric vehicle chargers or industries with internet of things characteristics such as telecom towers, maritime fleet mgt and/or power rental, yellow fleet operators
• Understanding of software architecture and processes
• Understanding of communication networks and resilience
• Electrical engineering awareness
• Excellent excel and analytical capabilities
• Experience with Python or other languages
• Managing teams of data scientists, engineers or analysts
• Ability to develop roadmap that sets the future direction of the operations function
• Experience managing mixed in-house and external teams across multiple time zones
• Experience with stakeholder management and communication
• Bachelor’s degree from a renowned educational institution
• A solid team player with a collaborative and consultative approach
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
• Robust analytical skill set, an endless curiosity to think beyond conventional solutions
• Able to thrive in a very fast-paced environment with large amounts of responsibility
• Excellent organisational skills, able to multi-task, meet deadlines and juggle competing demands
• Attention to detail and able to produce work of consistently high quality
• Proven record of success
• Ability to work in the HQ in London and travel UK wide and internationally
Desirable but non-essential skills:
• Experience with Zendesk or other ticketing software
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Cycle to work scheme
• Medical insurance
• Season ticket loan
• Performance related bonus and company share plan
• Excellent opportunity for personal growth and responsibility.
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type.
We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org