Assistant Project Manager
Competitive and based upon experience
UK Wide – Working as a mix of remotely, in office and visiting projects.
Zenobē Energy was established to enable the transition to full zero carbon, non-polluting power, and transport systems through the intelligent use of energy storage.
The company has established itself as a UK market leader in battery storage, with 73MW of operational grid-scale battery capacity and is now a leading firm in the financing and provision of turnkey solutions for heavy duty electric vehicle fleets with over 100 electric buses in operation across 6 metropolitan areas. The company has been consistently innovative since its founding in 2017, with major industry firsts in software development, market access, financing, and solution provision. It is backed by leading strategic energy storage investors and is uniquely positioned to meet customer demands with innovative solutions.
We are offering an exciting opportunity for Assistant Project Managers to apply their skills to the management of energy storage and electric vehicle projects. In our rapidly growing company, we are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented individuals to join us. The chosen candidate will be given significant opportunities to develop their careers early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
The initial role will be to assist the Project Managers in taking projects from development and sales handover to client and O&M handover.
The day to day tasks will include:
- Raising purchase orders and ensuring long lead items arrive on site at the right time,
- Assisting the Project Managers when Liaising with sub contractors
- Visiting the Zenobe Bus sites and assisting with integrating the site onto our software platform by plugging in busses when required, or assisting with other test routines, and liaising with our technical team to find faults or new edge cases.
- Going to site and assisting with minor snags
- Making changes to layouts using design software such as CAD or Sketchup
- Note taking in meetings and distributing meeting minutes
- There may be an element of diary management for Project Managers
- Assist in producing weekly reports both internally and for the client
- Ensure that all project documentation is gathered and organised appropriately for easy access by the wider team
- Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation.
- Assist the Project Managers when tracking budget changes and variations Take ownership of individual work packages or workstreams for individual projects
- Help prepare Request for Tender documentation and route questions to the appropriate member of the team, track queries and answers consistently during the process
A job with Zenobē Energy means a job with the market leader in one of the UK’s most dynamic and fastest growing sectors, gaining exposure to diverse roles and highly experienced partners. The applicant will be highly organised and able to assist a number of Project Managers across multiple projects. Further, the applicant will be willing to attend site when required to assist with any testing and indeed be present for project meetings.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Proven administrative experience in organising and creating project documentation and reports as well as responding to emails on behalf of other individuals.
- Fluency in English is essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at once
- Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, the office in London and your project locations. During the Covid-19 pandemic our office is closed except for special circumstances.
DESIRABLE BUT NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Previous experience working in the construction or renewable energy industry is preferable
- Experience liaising with subcontractors
- Knowledge of the UK EV and/or public transport and/or construction and/or energy landscape
- Previous experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to use CAD or other design software
- Awareness of software development & deployment process and our network management is a plus
- Anything else the applicant believes can be of use within a small yet fast growing organisation like Zenobe
We are committed to the principles of equal opportunity for all and prohibit discrimination of every type. We will always ensure that all persons are treated fairly irrespective of their race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, political beliefs, trade union membership or non-membership, marital, physical or mental status or any other factors including pregnancy and maternity. We will endeavour to provide those who have physical or mental disabilities with specific assistance and arrangements to enable them to work for us wherever and whenever this is reasonably practical.
Our company is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. We will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness, and transparency.
Applicants should send a copy of their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org